Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mature student - still learning

Well I have gone and done it!!
At the advanced age of 40 something I have registered to further my studies.
I will be studying for a Bachelor of Technology degree part time for the next 2 years. Then I would like to study for a Higher education Diploma.
But –let’s not be too ambitious – will start with the B.Tech slowly. I last studied for a degree in 2000 – so my brains have had 9 years or so to deteriorate.
The air conditioning in my lab at work is malfunctioning – so I have been suffering with the heat. This was worsened by having 20 students crammed into my lab for uniform fittings which raised the temperature level somewhat.
I escaped the sweltering heat of the lab to the even more sweltering heat of the car to get to gym.
I managed to drag myself through the 2 circuits we are required to do still pouring buckets of sweat.
After a quick cup of coffee with Cousin C it was off to the shops. I loitered by the freezer section for a while to cool off. Thank Gid for the freezer section at Pick and Pay. Very handy for collimg off when one has a menopausal hot flush too.
Once home, HTB was off to gym and indicated he would make his signature rice and snoek dish for supper on his return.
I collapsed on the couch, put on SATC and downed a nice cold Savannah Light – Bliss!!
Now refreshed thanks to Savannah Light, I tackled the second half of the huge mound of accumulated ironing – this produced more sweating, but felt really good when I completed ironing the last item of clothing – and then went off to have a lovely soak in the bath.
HTB returned from gym and proceeded to make snoek and rice dish – always yummy since I had not cooked it, plus he washed the dishes! Bonus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment