Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 - A new decade

Dear All

Inspired by my cousin who has started her own blog - I have decided to do the same.
However, mine is not based on cooking with a son, as I dont have children.
I have always wanted to write a book, but a blog is a good start.
For the last 5 o years or so, I have seen a therapist on a regular basis (for psychotherapy that is).
She has never increased my rate as we both scream with laughter during my therapy sessions, and I suspect she enjoys my wacky musings and finds them very entertaining, and we always joked that I should write a book.

The beginning of the new millenium(2000) was not a good start for me as my mother passed away very suddenly, so I have decided, that with the advent of this new decade of 2010, I will write my musings, thoughts and ideas, and that this will be a good year for me and my loved ones.
The last decade has been rather evenful to say the least - and it these events that will colour ny writing .
The last 3 years of those 10 were mega eventful - in the year I turned 40, I ended a 15 year long term relationship, met a new man, 6 months later was diagnosed with breast cancer, had bilateral mastectomies and breat implants, bought a new home, was diagnosed with bi polar disorder, changed careers and got engaged to said man. Yes - the poor man is still with me. Why - I dont now, and we have acquired a gorgeous kitty.
I am currently still on hormone suppression therapy and have 2 years left of this therapy to complete.
For 2010 - I made 3 new year resolutions - and have already broken them. I resolved to not eat chocolate, watch the news or read the newspapers. All resolutions have been broken within the last 3 days - so Im already off to a shaky start.

I will begin my blog from 31/12/20089.
31 December - HTB (husband to be) and I had a lovely 3 week trip to the E. Cape, W.Cape and Karoo. However, we ended up at Bloemfontein on New years eve. Bad mistake - nobody in Bloem parties past 9 pm. No restuarants were open, not even the Spur or Wimpy. We did find a Nandos, ao our New years eve consisted of chicken strips and rice with a beer each in our self catering accomodation. I was asleep by 11 pm. So much for the New Year.

1 Jan 2010
HTB and I arrived at Royal Natal Drakensberg resort to complete the last leg of our journey. We arrived in wonderful sunshine, pitched our tent, made supper and consumed some wine.
This was definitely an improvment on the night before.
2 Jan
Rain had set in during the night, so we slept in till late in out 2 man tent - very cosy.
Then HTB decided that he would hike in the rain. This was duly done - for about 2 hours when we decided to turn back as we were slipping and sliding in the mud. We returned to camp, packed everyting up in the rain and left.
Arrived home in the rain - surprise surprise - when we left KZN it was raining - and on our return - it was still raining. To top it all we arrived home to a flea infestation (kitty spent a 3 week holiday at the cattery)
Believe it or not - there is a sun - we saw it with our very own eyes in the Cape and the Karoo. Was such a novelty to have non frizzy hair, dry washing and some sunburn.
The rest of the day was spent doing several loads of laundry and packing up wet tents etc from out trip.
3 Jan
Hallelujah - the sun came out. Mad scramble to hang our washing on the line to get dry.
Rest of the day was spent cleaning and tyding up and getting ready to resume work the following day.
4 Jan
Went to the cattery to collect our kitty - very traumatic, lots of yowling, but glad to have her home.
Deposited Kitty at home and left for work. Arrived at work - am the only one here - and cant get in to the office as the locks have been changed nd no one though to give me a new key.
I did manage to get into a another office to check e mails and review the years activities.
Went back to gym after work - and did an extra circuit for good measure.
5 Jan
Called a colleague and asked her to bring a key so that I can get into the office to do my assigned tasks. This she does - so am now able to do some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment